As a part of Product Development, you will work under guidance of the Lead Test Engineer to develop and document test methods, procedures, and results that have cross functional and/or cross product applicability.
You will also support development of risk driven test plans that align with the program schedule, goals, and budget.
You may lead portions of the execution of these test plans.
Your responsibilities include documenting and tracking system test information, issues, results, and statuses for the areas of the design that you are assigned.
You should possess sufficient technical depth to troubleshoot complex cross functional problems and document findings.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and document test methods, procedures, and test results.
- Perform product level testing and document/communicate results.
- Provide oversight of test execution being conducted by contractors and/or interns.
- Support development, maintenance, and communication of technical risk analyses, test plans, and statuses.
- Support cross-functional root cause and corrective action activities.
- Support transition to manufacturing locally and at Contract Manufacturer (US and China).
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- 7-10 years of experience in product development and product level testing.
- 3-5 years of experience developing test methods, executing tests, and documenting results.
- BS in engineering.
- Experience developing electro-mechanical systems that contain complex software behaviors.
- Adept at summarizing and presenting complex test data and test status in an informative and easily understood manner.
- Ability to interpret and modify Engineering design documentation (schematics, drawings, etc.).
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Experience testing consumer vacuum and/or robotic products.
- Experience in statistical analysis of test results.
- Experience with data acquisition as well as processing and analysis software.
- Experience testing various sensor technologies typically found in SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) applications (LIDAR, sonar, cameras, etc.).
- Ability to lead a small team (2-7) of engineers and Technicians