Senior Systems Engineer
SimpliSafe is seeking a senior level systems engineer to take a leading design role in the development of our SimpliSafe alarm system peripheral products.
In this role, you will be architecting and overseeing the hardware design or redesign of new and existing products (e.g. new smoke detector).
- 10+ years of experience in a systems level electrical or embedded engineering role.
- Solid track record of delivering hardware from concept to design and through mass production.
- Experience working with contract manufacturing of consumer electronics.
- Good understanding of embedded firmware and electrical circuit design.
- Experience with a wide range of schematic capture and layout tools.
- Solid debugging and problem solving skills, experienced in board bring-up.
- Experience with life safety product development.
- Experience with low power and battery powered designs
- Low level firmware (C/C++) experience.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage- We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off- To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity- To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits-To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesnt like free food and drinks?!