WHO WE ARE
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned supply chain professional whos eager to solve complex problems and work on a varied and exponentially growing portfolio of leading consumer products. The Senior Supply Chain Manager, Due Diligence & Special Projects is primarily responsible for leading the development and execution of a structured and disciplined approach to perform supply chain due diligence to map assets, resources, systems, processes and partnerships pre-acquisition to ensure sound understanding of risks, opportunities to prepare for business continuity and capture expected value from the acquisitions. Also you and your teams will manage short term the supply chain operational side of acquired companies during transitions and migrations
Supply Chain Due Diligence
- Lead Supply Chain Due Diligence activities in coordination with the Merger & Acquisitions, Supply Chain Integration & Operations, Quality Assurance, Legal, Brand Managers teams, Sellers, Suppliers and Service Providers to get a clear understanding of acquired products, brands in scope as well as the acquired supply chain footprint (suppliers, sub-suppliers, service providers, collaborators, freight forwarders, 3PLs and warehouses, personnel, systems, processes, etc.)
- Assess Supply Chain Due Diligence risks, translate these risks into business impacts and develop appropriate mitigation strategies to help develop an appropriate transition and optimization plan
- Lead and supervise inventory planning and management activities during the migration phase to ensure inventory is at an acceptable level to meet business continuity and growth plans
- Coordinate with suppliers and all stakeholders migration Purchase Orders, cross-broader logistics and 3PL operations
- Support development and implementation of efficient transition plans for smooth handover to supply transition & operations teams
- Ensure that all products manufactured and/or delivered by suppliers meet quality and quantity requirements, collaborating closely with the quality assurance team
- Ensure that suppliers products, manufacturing materials, and processes meet all safety, regulatory, and compliance requirements both in country of manufacture and in markets of purchase
- Partner with Responsible Sourcing team to facilitate acquisition responsible sourcing due diligence
Project management, Special projects
- Lead Supply Chain special projects as assigned by leadership
Team Management & Training
- Managing a team of local & remote resources, overseeing training for assigned supply chain coordinators, and developing quality Supply Chain training materials
What you bring to the party
- Bachelors degree or higher in a relevant field such as engineering, supply chain, business administration, or finance from a top tier university
- 7-10 years+ of relevant supply chain management, global sourcing, warehousing, e-fulfilment, and procurement and inventory planning experience with demonstrated success in positions of increasing complexity. Deep understanding of global supply chain risks & opportunities
- 5 years of professional consulting or relevant industry experience, with a minimum of five years specializing in Mergers and Acquisition supply chain due diligence activities within a fast-past structured large retail or e-commerce global organization. Experience working for or with private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, or related transaction / merger integration experience is preferred.
- 5 years experience working with a wide range of hardline and softline consumer goods (textile, bedding, electronics, kitchenware, small appliances, sports and outdoors, toys, home & garden, automotive accessories, medical devices, nutrition, health & wellness, Pet Care, etc.)
- Previous strategy and change management experience. Supply Chain Advisory experience from a top-tier Supply Chain strategy firm, leading specialist, niche advisory firm, or Big-4 consultancy
- Excellent fact-gathering and analytical skills, including business process mapping and quantitative analysis
- Strong negotiation, project management, and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and innovative individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, goal oriented, dynamic organization with time-sensitive timelines
- Fluency in both English and one the following languages: Japanese, German, Spanish, Mandarin/Cantonese is preferred
- Flexibility to travel 30%-40% domestically and internationally
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.