Office Tour Photos
Were seeking a highly analytical, passionate, and self-motivated individual to join the Wayfair Basics team.
Wayfair Basics is one of the fastest-growing Exclusive Brands offered by Wayfair. In this role, you will be responsible for a collection of the product verticals (e.g. cookware, bedding, outdoor furniture) represented within our brand. Youll define overarching goals and strategy for your verticals, negotiate with external supplier partners to develop and refine your product assortment, and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams (including category management, brand/creative, marketing, pricing and inventory planning) to execute your strategy and build your business.
What You'll Do:
- Have ownership over a plan to achieve revenue and profitability goals for the brand within assigned product verticals.
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers, execute negotiations to secure best pricing and promotional support, report on sales performance, and troubleshoot sales performance issues.
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the brand and for specific supplier partners.
- Advance assortment expansion: identify selection gaps, develop relationships with target suppliers, negotiate product pricing and program requirements, and oversee product launch on site.
- Identify sales, merchandising, and operational opportunities for the brand and collaborate with internal teams to drive change (Planning, Advertising, Merchandising, Operations, PR, Finance, Customer Service, Business Intelligence).
- Analyze and anticipate competitor marketing, selection, and pricing strategy.
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers (4-8 times per year).
What You'll Need:
- A Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of ecommerce, corporate retail, or management consulting experience preferred
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- An ability to hit the ground running a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Experience managing others preferred
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From