Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case its visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like theyve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and were the team that makes that happen.
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
The Home Services Post Order team is responsible for handling integrations with our Warranty, Assembly, and Installation providers and building the platform to integrate services into the Wayfair order processing pipeline. As the architect for the Home Services Post Order Platform you will have the opportunity to design and build the next version of our order platform that will enable us to easily add additional service providers to unlock improved customer experiences.
What You'll Do
- Lead technical roadmaps, design, and implementation across multiple teams of high performing engineers that will shape the future of Wayfairs supply chain.
- Actively encourage and participate in debate to form strong opinions weakly held
- Motivate and influence teams to buy into vision and roadmap, pushing individuals outside of their comfort zones where necessary
- Drive high impact architectural decisions including inception, design, and delivery
- Obsessively focus on production readiness for the team including testing, monitoring, deployment, and proactive troubleshooting
- Identify risks and gaps in product offerings that drive revenue or cost out and lead non-trivial initiatives to address those needs
- Become a technical and product subject matter expert for broader teams focus area
- Create proposals and action plans to garner support across the organization
- Drive implementation and provide visibility to progress through short feedback loops and data-driven action
What Youll Need:
- A BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, other Engineering discipline or Data Science, with seven (7) years experience in software development, or alternatively an MS with two (2) years of experience. Java experience preferred.
- Mastery in designing production systems at scale including fault tolerance, reliability, performance, and security
- Expertise in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques.
- Proficient with multiple server side programming languages including mastery of one language (Java, .Net, Python & PHP preferred).
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end web architecture including specifics of the HTTP protocol
- Deep understanding of data processing and data pipelines.
- Experience with big data, streaming technologies and / or RESTful web service development preferred.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.