Office Tour Photos
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes from product discovery to final delivery.
Storefront Engineering is the team that builds nearly all customer facing features and functionality across all of our brands, geographies, and devices. We are a team of ~500 engineers largely based in Boston, and in 2019 over $9B of sales flowed through the platform you will help build. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding our current architecture and driving our product and engineering teams forward with platform enhancements. Your work will impact millions of customers around the world, and as a Senior Staff Engineer on the Core Funnel team, you will have a tremendous opportunity to impact the business.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a technical leader and drive the future roadmap of Core Funnel software solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders across product and engineering to understand pain points and drive initiatives forward
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to other engineers and help develop their skills while contributing with them on a variety of projects
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives and develop near term goals and set technical objectives to meet the Core Funnel engineering and product vision
- L software development initiatives and API development across dozens of services within Core Funnel and beyond
- Show a passion for innovation and results by achieving them
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Hands-on experience driving software transformations within high-growth environments at scale
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence decisions
- Experience with Kubernetes, Java, containerization, microservices and front end frameworks like ReactJS preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From