Senior Staff Accountant
Globalization Partners is changing the way companies expand overseas and manage their global workforce. Our privacy-by-design platform is the first Global Employer of Record technology of its kind and was built to meet the complex needs of companies expanding their business into new markets around the world. We are the market leader in a growing industry and have innovation at our core. We have been ranked the #6 fastest growing company in America (Inc.-2016), and the #1 fastest growing company in Massachusetts (BBJ – 2017). If you are looking for a great organization with a nationally recognized culture where you can make an immediate impact, then we want to talk to you about joining our Dream Team!
We are experts in helping companies meet the challenges of global expansion and hold ourselves to high standards of doing business by maintaining our triple bottom line philosophy that emphasizes happy clients, happy employees and happy shareholders. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people to join our team. We work hard and we play hard—if you do too, then come join us!
As a Senior Staff Accountant in a fast-growing company, you will have an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an extremely fast-growing company with a mission to change the face of global business.
We are looking for someone with high energy and a laser-like attention to detail. We also seek someone with the ability and inclination to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. The Senior Staff Accountant will work under the supervision of the Controller to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping.
Location: Boston, MA
- Assist the Controller with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Finance Department
- Maintain ownership of several of the company’s subsidiaries trial balances, to ensure all accounting is accurate on a monthly basis, and compose journal entries as needed
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and Executive reporting package
- Ownership and monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Solicit information from internal and external business partners and translate into appropriate accounting accruals
- Strive for building and maintaining efficient accounting schedules, ensuring proper GAAP accounting treatment
- Perform processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Assist with bi-monthly payroll processing and payroll related items
- Provide assistance in furnishing requests and fielding inquiries for the completion of the annual financial statement audit
- Build and continuously develop knowledge of GP’s business
- Protect company’s integrity by keeping firm and client information confidential
- Contribute to and work with various teams on ad-hoc projects
We are creating this company together as a team, so it is incredibly important that we have the best and brightest people all working together towards our common goals. In order to be successful in our culture, we look for the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, with an emphasis in accounting
- 3-6 years of equivalent work experience
- International accounting experience a plus
- Current or previous experience working with a start-up and loves a fast-paced environment
- Current or previous experience with intercompany accounting
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, and organizational skills are required. The ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects and be able to identify and work with details and ensure follow-up and completion, is a must in our fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written, verbal and listening skills are required. The ability to understand what is communicated orally and an urgency to resolve issues quickly and appropriately is a must
- Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to quickly build rapport and establish trust and understanding with others
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Word, Outlook, and Excel is required. Some experience with ERP systems, or web-based portal applications (e.g. SharePoint), is preferred
- Prioritize multiple tasks, ensure quality and completion, and meet established deadlines
- Pays meticulous attention to detail yet also sees *the big picture*
- Highly reliable & responsive
- Committed to great work