Senior Software Test Engineer, Analytics
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test who can create innovative automation solutions to measure the quality of Avigilon’s software, products and devices. You will be a core member of the Avigilon Engineering team responsible for enriching automated testing for improving the quality of our surveillance solutions products. Hands-on work with our cloud, deep learning, and artificial intelligence technologies.
Responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing internal tooling to enhance our CI/CD pipeline and full system lifecycle. This position requires an obsessive focus on automation, building repeatable solutions working within and between development and operation teams to identify and implement process improvements for the benefit of customer-facing services.
If you are passionate about everything cloud, believe deeply in automating solutions, and enjoy contributing to best of breed technologies, you may have found a great home with Avigilon. The position is ideal for a self-starter and quick learner with a love of infrastructure and automation who enjoys collaborative work on leading edge technologies.
The Senior Software Engineer will sit out of our Analytics and Data Science Center located in Somerville’s Assembly Row.
- Continually improve the quality of Avigilon’s software and hardware products through the creation, execution, and maintenance of comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Ensure that Avigilon produces the highest quality, easiest to use products in the surveillance industry
- Interact regularly with support, development, and product management teams to solve challenging problems
- Establish a functional understanding of the whole system from both a developer’s and a user’s perspective
- Plan, design, document and perform tests for software and hardware products
- Develop, maintain and execute automated tests for software and hardware products
- Design and develop tools or simulators to facilitate testing for software and hardware products
- Identify, reproduce and report actual or potential product defects
- Provide detailed configuration, reproduction steps, and descriptions for defect tracking
- Assist product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of product failures
- Debug, model and characterize product performance and scalability
- Create and maintain documentation on test and development operations
- Provide detailed test planning including scope, resource and timelines
- Liaise between several product development teams to ensure accuracy of process and product quality
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience with automation test tools (like Selenium WebDriver)
- 4+ years of load and performance testing
- Strong programming experience with Python
- BDD experience with Gherkin and Cucumber
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as Git/GitHub
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set (Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket)
- Knowledge of networking and software defined networking in cloud environments and of common networking protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Knowledge of methods of testing/securing Microsoft Azure (or AWS) resources from external threats/attacks
- Working knowledge of VM’s and virtualization
- Experience in automating code deployment in Microsoft Azure/AWS with other cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack
- Proficient at leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and messaging protocols (XML, JSON)
- Proven ability to create automated tests and test frameworks
- Ability to work within and across multifunctional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to articulate complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, ESPP, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, community service activities, etc.