Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (4G/5G RAN) to join our engineering team based at our Corporate Headquarters in Andover, MA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston, MA, USA.
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (4G/5G RAN) will be responsible for the integration, troubleshooting and testing/verification of Casa LTE Radio system. The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer will work closely with our engineering leads, management and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform end to end 4G LTE/5G NR system feature validation.
- Report issues identified during testing both verbally and written to engineering team.
- Take ownership responsibility for product, including testing, documentation, troubleshooting, and bug fixes.
- Support demo and lab trial execution and integration with customer’s back-end 4G EPC/5GC network elements. Collect Wireshark traces/eNb log/UE logs to root cause network issues.
- Manage and operate internal and 3rd party simulation tools to support customer trials.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ to 7 years or related experience working on LTE eNB and/or UE products at infrastructure or LTE chipset vendors. 5G NR experience is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC and NAS layer protocols of 3GPP standard.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites as needed to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the position.
- Strong end-to-end analysis capabilities of UE side logs (e.g QXDM), LTE vendor eNB logs, Wireshark logs and core network logs.
- Good working knowledge of RF fundamentals.
- Good knowledge of RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, etc.
- Familiar with HeMS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with scripting languages like TCL, Perl, Python for test automation is preferred.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
More Jobs From