Software Program Managers at iRobot play an essential role in helping us to deliver awesome products and digital features to our customers. They are responsible for integrated planning, communications, dependency and risk management, and synchronized software delivery execution. Importantly, this is a technical role where your understanding of software and software engineering is essential to successfully building strong working relationships with technical experts and in orchestrating high-quality software releases.
The ideal candidate has worked in a successful Agile software development environment, with multiple teams delivering components to create an integrated product release. They have a track record of success with complex software delivery and are ready to bring their experience, organizational skill, creativity, tech savvy, and enthusiasm to iRobot. If you are impassioned by working with smart engineers and helping them succeed as a team, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Build strong relationships with technical subject matter experts by leveraging foundational understanding of the various iRobot software disciplines (e.g. robot software, networking, mobile applications software, cloud services).
- Work with Product Management, cross-functional program teams, and software technical leaders to clarify and scope product/feature requirements.
- Coordinate and synchronize multiple software development teams and other internal groups to design, build, test, and release software on time and with excellent quality.
- Make the right trade-offs, escalate issues if required, and concisely report development progress, status, cross-team milestones, issues, and risk burn-down across all required levels of the organization.
- Manage other aspects of shipping software as appropriate, e.g. integrated system testing, 3rd party certifications, manufacturing tooling & integration, release process, etc.
- Bachelors degree in an appropriate technical discipline or relevant experience. Advanced degrees welcome but not required.
- Meaningful software technical background, including demonstrated ability to understand how components fit together into an overall product/digital feature deliverable.
- Experience with practically minded Agile software development and software engineering best practices as applied to modern IoT Smart devices.
- Proven track record of exceptional capability in hardware/software integration and software development & test methodologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, organizational and leadership talents, communication skills, and systems thinking. High level of emotional intelligence.
- 5+ years of technical program/project management experience focused on complex software delivery. Experience in the robotics industry preferred but not essential.
More Jobs From