Office Tour Photos
Senior Engineering Manager - Mobile
By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered for the range of Engineering leadership roles we have at Wayfair. If we think you might be a fit, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your background and discuss relevant positions in more detail.
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Product, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Engineering teams ensure that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Our Engineering organization includes a variety of teams solving interesting problems:
- Storefront: Shopping for your home can be overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 14 million products. Our software engineering teams work to make an extremely complex process seamless for our customers. Shopping for your home should be exciting, and we want every customer to come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them.
- Wayfairs Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering team builds solutions that let Wayfair communicate with new and existing customers effectively across advertising, email, and onsite touchpoints. This team is at the intersection of product, marketing, data science, and technology which allows us to be a leader in the Ad Technology space. We are using cutting edge intelligent systems, big data at scale, and world class ad tech to drive phenomenal growth in a multi-billion dollar business.
- Supply Chain teams are responsible for all of the systems related to the physical movement of Wayfair products. Everything from warehousing, order tracking, inventory forecasting to routing systems and final mile delivery. This group is essential to ensuring customers are provided with the best service experience in e-commerce. The majority of Wayfairs business is built on repeat customers and it is important for them to have a smooth delivery experience to ensure they keep them coming back.
- Sales, Service and Enterprise platforms are focused on building and improving software that directly impacts customers, customer service agents, sales associates, Finance, Talent Management and external vendors. Our engineers are responsible for all the tools and processes to support these business-critical operations of Wayfair, along with supporting the continued enhancement and scaling capabilities of these systems. Engineers use data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth.
What youll do:
Our senior app engineering managers are service-minded leaders who are just as excited about building great, high performing, diverse teams as they are about building delightful software for both iOS and Android.
- Lead, recruit, and mentor developers at multiple career levels and own the quality and technical excellence of your teams and their work.
- Build partnerships across teams to help deliver complex and powerful new features that span our platforms; work with design, product managers, and analytics to shape roadmaps and goals across all of our groups.
- Provide continuous feedback to Wayfairs processes for recruitment, training, and performance evaluation and support other app developers by taking core aspects of our app tooling and infrastructure and releasing them as open source projects.
- Improve processes across full-stack, frontend, infrastructure, and analytics to improve collaboration across tech stacks.
- Give back to the tech community by presenting talks at conferences and tech meetups.
What youll need:
- An Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or equivalent with at least 5+ years of professional development experience or at least 7+ years of full-time software development experience.
- At least 2+ years leading teams as a manager or team lead with experience grooming individual contributors into leads or junior managers.
- Experience leading the development of at least one app from ideation to launch and post launch on both iOS or Android.
- Familiarity with building retail e-commerce apps.
- Experience reviewing architectural and code related decisions.
- Experience working with different architectures (MVVM, MVC, VIPER, etc), and an understanding of the advantages, disadvantages and use-cases for each.
- Experience in developing Java/Kotlin or Swift/Objective-C on publicly available apps supported by RESTful web services, and having a past track record of encouraging collaboration across both iOS and Android.
- Experience having an active role in shaping the culture and technical standards of an engineering organization.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From