We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the Web Tools Team building high-performance web applications and 3D visualization tools. These tools allow the development and test teams to review and monitor the data produced by our autonomous vehicles. You will also build and maintain the existing suite of web tools in coordination with other development groups that are used for simulation orchestration.
You will be responsible for organizing the work of the team and supporting cross-team efforts to improve our web platform and tooling. You will build and drive an engineering vision that aligns your team with multiple dependency partners and the product vision.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team responsible for building and improving our web based visualization tools and simulation orchestration software.
- Be responsible for the professional growth of your team members.
- Build the team by hiring world class engineers as well as maintain the health of the existing team.
- Contribute to the long-term vision of the team and organization, working closely with other engineering leaders and product management.
- Leverage your experience in production software environments to build and deploy stable, reliable systems.
- Provide software solutions that scale to support our global development team.
What we are looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent knowledge and work experience
- 5-10+ years professional experience in full stack web development
- Experience with 3D Graphics (WebGL, OpenGL, three.js)
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue.js
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation
- Keen eye for design, user experience, and detail
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience working with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experience working with documentation systems such as Confluence
- Leadership experience
Bonus Points (not required):
- Familiarity with basic 3D concepts: Euler Angles, Quaternions, Camera Models
- Game development or similar experience
- Computer vision / machine learning fundamentals
- Unity game engine programming experience (C#)
- Safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.