Senior Software Engineer - Web Team
Cogito is seeking an experienced and technically proficient full-stack software engineer who can contribute to a small web-app development team. The team is responsible for building a variety of web interfaces for our innovative enterprise software products, including novel true-real-time interfaces.
The ideal candidate is a fast learner, who thrives on finding the right tool for the job, including learning new technologies and adapting to meet the needs of our rapid growth and evolving business. You have a fearless bias towards action and you believe that speed and quality are not mutually exclusive. You show good judgement about shipping fast while maintaining a sustainable and principled architecture.
You have a strong sense of design and know how to build modular, scalable, secure, fault-tolerant systems. You understand requirements beyond the written word and anticipate future evolution with strategic architecture.
Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Contribute to development of highly interactive enterprise-customer-facing web applications built on the framework, including all aspects of design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Work with the software and product development teams to maintain a prioritized engineering backlog. Plan, estimate, and deliver on-time according to agreed-upon estimates.
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues in engineering, operations, product development, and sales to deliver world-class products and services to clients.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or another relevant field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with 3+ years of web software development experience with focus on UI
- Current experience/strong understanding of React / Redux or single page application frameworks
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- Web development technologies and methodologies
- React / Redux
- Experience/understanding of AWS and public cloud ecosystem
- Experience/exposure to programming languages like Java, Python or equivalent and ability to learn new languages as required
- Experience/exposure to SQL/NoSQL
- Technical diagramming and communication of software architecture and design
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Fluency with Unix / Linux operating system and development environment
- Fluency with revision control, including distributed revision control and Git in particular
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Monthly catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
20 days vacation time and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriots Day is a holiday)
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work:
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.