Senior Software Engineer, UI
As our future Sr. Software Engineer you will showcase your passion for high-quality interfaces that streamline complex interactions and help users around the world. You will play a large role in establishing the direction for UI at our Boston office and work closely with your team on developing an efficient cross segment work flow. You will develop your capabilities in full-stack to be able to actively engage in different areas within projects.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Create intuitive interfaces for complex domain logic, external hardware & software systems, third party plugins, 3D visualizations, and much more
- Support UI concept validation by rapidly prototyping concepts and iterating with UX
- Be responsible for all functionality which is not strictly related to low-level control
Join an international team of brilliant R&D colleagues
You will be part of a highly skilled scrum-team whose members are responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the high-level software in our robots. The team is highly cross-functional, giving you the opportunity to work closely with software developers, UX experts, test engineers, and product managers. Your combined knowledge in engineering disciplines, robotics, mechanical design, kinematics, and embedded programming will complement each other and lead to success.
Qualitication, Experience, Skills & Background
As our Sr. Software engineer we expect that you write clean and maintainable code and hold knowledge in various technologies.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in a similar role
- Experience using UI frameworks such as Angular 2 or React
- Experience with visualization libraries such as three.js
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, software architecture and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with continuous integration and revision control systems is a plus
At Universal Robots, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Universal Robots is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Why work for Universal Robots?
We are Universal Robots, a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Together, we are finding innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today.
Join us as a UI Sr. Software Engineer, and you can too.