Senior Software Engineer in Test
Brightcove is a pioneering force in the world of online video. Our industry-leading platform empowers our customers to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate via video around the globe. We use cutting-edge technologies like containerization, cloud deployments, and modern datastores; our teams are small, self-directed, and motivated by a desire to learn and grow.
The Reporting and Analytics team at Brightcove designs, develops and operates Big Data collection and processing systems that power the reporting and business intelligence tools for our customers. We do this on a massive scale, capturing billions of events each day from our video players across the globe.
- Work on the backend infrastructure of Brightcoves Reporting and Analytics product.
- Develop and maintain test plans.
- Design, develop and maintain test frameworks for regression, integration and black-box testing.
- Work with developers to identify root causes of issues and prevent recurrence of bugs by identifying and recommending code and process improvements.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in a Software Engineer in Test role.
- Demonstrated ability to debug production applications in a cloud-based environment
- Proficiency in Linux server administration.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Teamcity preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field strongly preferred.
- Analytics/big data experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with container based deployments a plus.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working in an agile/scrum setting.
Working at Brightcove
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor.
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!