Senior Software Engineer - Tech Lead
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures.A global leader in health and wellbeing, we are committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. We work as agile development teams focused building and supporting a platform that serves:
- Several million engaged users around the globe.
- 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year.
- Native mobile clients with 100k+ consumer reviews with at 4.8+ star rating.
Who you are.
As we work on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application and are looking for are looking for a new Senior Software Engineer to join our team as a technical lead. Each day you will be guiding and collaborating with a team of other talented engineers, Product Managers, and UX Designers to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application. As a Senior Software Engineer - Tech Lead at Virgin Pulse you will be the development point person and a technical leader on your scrum team.
Youhave a proven track record of excellence in your areas of expertise and are able to act as a Development Expert to an engineering department as a whole.This role is instrumental in helping makearchitecture decisions to evolve our platform, mentoring other engineers, and implementing new development tools and standards.
In this role you will:
- Spearhead the design, development, and testing of new platform components, features, and enhancements.
- Triage, investigate, and resolve issues across our platform.
- Actively lead from an engineering perspective in sprint ceremonies to help the team design solutions, estimate effort, and effectively plan work.
- Act as a development subject-matter expert for engineering as a whole
What you bring to the team.
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead in software architecture discussions. You actively contribute to technical discussions
- A passion and drivefor learning technologies and applying them pragmatically.
- An ability to contribute to a technical discussion, the openness to listen and learn from your peers, and desire to mentor other engineers.
What makes you stand out?
- An in-depth understanding of Java or Angular (or a great understanding of JS)
- The ability to design and implement REST API
- Dedication to Unit Testing
You'll definitely be in the right place if you have experience with:
- Spring Boot Framework
- Apache Storm
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.