At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's the early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build best in class applications and systems integration components. You will work with a team of advanced image processing researchers and pathologists to advance the state of the art in digital pathology.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Design and build components to integrate with PathAI APIs and technology.
- Write functional specifications, unit tests, clean code and documentation.
- Work closely with researchers, ML engineers, UX designers and product managers.
- Translate complex user requirements into technical specifications and architecture
- Build robust large-scale applications and services, including systems integration to 3rd party APIs, services and databases.
- Experience in OS systems programming and C or C++ a plus.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience: You have a track record of delivering high-quality, successful systems, with at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Engineering Skills: You have built robust large-scale applications or services, requiring deep system OS integrations. You know your way around Linux systems programming, including concurrency, memory management, socket IO and performance tuning.
- Education. Generally a bachelors degree in CS is helpful but feel free to convince us if youre the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
More Jobs From