Office Tour Photos
Senior Software Engineer Supply Chain Engineering
Wayfairs Supply Chain Engineering is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team.
Our ideal engineer has a background working with complex data systems and fast iteration in an agile environment. As a Senior Software Engineer, youll have the autonomy and ownership to create solutions from scratch while supporting a global logistics network.
We support all software systems supporting Wayfairs operations and movement of our products across the U.S., Europe, and Asia. We look for tech generalists who thrive in start-up cultures and want to provide solutions for a bigger picture. There is no required tech stack but we work with languages such as PHP, C#, and Python. We deeply value curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
An ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience with database-backed applications, including schema design and complex reporting
- Have working experience working with large-enterprise applications on multiple tiers
- Have experience with PHP, C#, or similar scripting languages (or eager to learn)
- Be able to identify major components of a system and understand the broader picture
- Strong SQL experience with building stored procedures, triggers and running complex queries
- Be strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough business problems
- Web stack experience is not required but preferred
- Have mentoring or managing experience
- Supply Chain Services: decoupling monolithic code and migrating to microservices
- Using Python, Docker, and Kubernetes to create a highly available processing platform
- Building a core API framework to accelerate the build of GraphQL APIs to interface with our supplier & carrier partners
- Abstracting & decoupling supplier communication layer (API, EDI & Email) from core Wayfair systems
- Overhauling how Wayfair processes large parcel returns from our customers
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes from product discovery to final delivery.
More Jobs From