Chewy is seeking Senior Software Engineer, in Seattle
Chewy is growing! Were looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our team developing Chewy.com. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
- Are you a passionate and energetic Software Engineer?
- Are you excited about developing solutions focused on providing delightful customer experience?
- Are you able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our continuous business growth?
- Are you a quality focused engineer?
If your answer is yes, read on...
Storefront engineering team is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer within our Discover and Engage division. Discover and Engage team is responsible for powering Chewy.coms Home Page, Navigation & Product Details Page. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewys scale requires engineers with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. As an engineer in our team you will work with a talented group of backend and frontend engineers, product managers and business leaders in an Agile environment. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the United States. Our strong Storefront engineering team @Chewy is focused on building solutions which guide pet lovers in making their best, most informed decisions to purchase products that their pets love, every single day.
What Youll Do:
- Design, build new features and capabilities on our customer facing application across Home, Nav, Product Display Pages of chewy.com
- Write scalable, performant, readable and tested frontend code
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Write documentation on design, architecture and solutions
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Take responsibility and ownership of project timelines and deliverables
What Youll Need:
- Strong knowledge and experience developing large scale applications using tools including but not limited to Java/Kotlin, Spring, RESTful Webservices, Kafka, Splunk/Logz.io, Datadog, Jenkins
- 7+ years of working primarily on the server-side technologies (e.g. Spring Boot, Java/Kotlin).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing scalable, high performing and fault-tolerant applications for large enterprises.
- Experience with micro-services, micro-front-end, and/or service-oriented architecture
- Experience architecting systems with multiple domain dependencies and cross cutting concerns
- Expertise in measuring, evaluating, and tuning application performance
- Hands on experience working in a public cloud environment.
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Position may require travel
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience designing and developing tests within a test automation framework
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Agile experience is a plus
- Background in e-commerce
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].