Senior Engineer, Speciality Retail Brands
Storefront Engineering is in the enviable position of being able to speak directly to our customers. Through powerful technology, we make shopping our millions of products feel simple and personal, whether customers are just browsing while on-the-go on our native app or finalizing purchase decisions on the desktop from the comfort of their home. As Wayfair continues to see massive growth, Storefront Engineering is going through a major technology transition, empowering teams to build services and interfaces that can be updated and deployed independently. We are on the journey to build the tools and services to deliver value to our customers more quickly, all in an environment where engineering teams have the autonomy to make the right decision for themselves and their product.
As a Senior Engineer for the Speciality Retail Brands team, youll be responsible for helping to define and execute the vision of our SRB Brands: Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and for our luxury brand Perigold. These sites make up billions of incremental revenue dollars of opportunity and present a unique challenge to create the perfect experience for a subset of customers. We work across the entire codebase and are SMEs on globalization platforms like site translation tools, and the target customer of each of our lifestyle brands. We collaborate heavily with product managers, designers, analysts, and testers, as well as tech leads across the entire Storefront org.
What You'll Do
- Co-write your teams roadmap, in collaboration with product managers, engineers on your team, and various stakeholders
- You will partner with teams across Wayfair to bring the most impactful features and experiences to each of our lifestyle brands and international sites
- Contribute to conversations about shared architecture, and how we can improve it.
- You are excited about sharing knowledge with those around you and expanding your skillset
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other learning opportunities.
What You'll Need
- You have an excitement about working in an environment where your contributions are wide-reaching and highly visible
- You are someone who cares about technology. Wayfair sells furniture, but we are a technology company at heart, and we are always solving big challenges and trying out new things.
- You have a passion for writing clean, readable, and thoroughly tested code.
- 2+ years of experience developing large React applications
- Familiarity of GraphQL and Java
- Familiarity with building retail e-commerce applications
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.