We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of seasoned professionals. Within the larger company which spans the globe, our team has earned a reputation for continuously exceeding big goals by using a strong blend of data analysis, product sense and technological horsepower.
In most cases you would work on projects with only a few other people and be responsible for the full technical solution and overall quality of the code, analysis and results. These can be as simple as a single front-end change designed to drive revenue or a multi-month analysis to understand the impact that user reviews have on traffic from Google and then trying to figure out how to leverage that to drive more traffic.
Our team has been together for the better part of a decade and we cover a broad range of subjects within a forward-thinking company that is competing within the compelling travel industry.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial developer who has shown leadership, creativity, curiosity, flexibility and who enjoys the fast-paced nature of the web.
Our group is all about using metrics and code to solve business problems that move the company forward in a meaningful way. If this sounds exciting to you, we'd love to hear from you.
- A minimum of 10 years of web development experience
- You have demonstrated excellence designing and implementing software applications
- You have a solid track record and can prioritize, communicate clearly, and partner effectively with both technical and non-technical employees
- Strong Linux administration skills
- A passion for the Internet
- Command line mastery and you dream in regex
- Good working knowledge of all web related technology
- An overwhelming desire to write quality code
- A nuanced understanding of the trade-offs between perfection and getting things done
- Experience working on high traffic sites, SEO and/or big data is a plus.
- Processing and analyzing piles of data while always thinking about how to extract meaning
- Developing and supporting our extensive internal tool set
- Coming up with new ideas for tests that drive insights and ultimately revenue
- Optimizing code for performance and stability
- Promoting best practices and ensuring solid coding standards
- All the other stuff that comes up we all wear a lot of hats.
Nice to haves:
- Some experience with Perl
- Experience helping to scale up a start-up company
- Passionate about solving business problems, perhaps you come from an entrepreneurial background
- Experience working with and processing large quantities of data - Hive, Redis, NoSQL databases.
What youll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Employee assistance program