We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 500 million travelers each month. Were looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Viator team, working from our Needham headquarters.
Viator gives travelers direct access to more than 200,000 bookable activities, enabling them to easily discover and book incredible experiences. The focus of this role will be performance marketing, particularly search engine marketing (SEM).
We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
Across Tripadvisor, weve worked hard to create an atmosphere of Speed Wins minimizing process, shipping products quickly and doing everything to avoid big company paralysis. This is a very bottom-up organization; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, wed love to talk to you.
What youll do
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
- Develop platforms and tools for managing SEM, display and social accounts. This includes partner API integrations, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes, feed generation and more.
- Work closely with our data scientists and analysts to produce predictive algorithms for bidding in real time.
- Daily operational support - youll be part of a team that owns these crucial systems.
- Mentor and lead more junior developers.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
- Build solutions with a wide variety of technologies. Our stack includes Java, SQLServer, BigQuery, Hive all running on Linux and in AWS.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world.
What were looking for
- At least 8 years experience of commercial software development.
- Solid Experience big data echo systems as well as relational and NoSQL databases.
- Solid experience developing complex ETL processes, including defining SLAs, performance measurements and monitoring.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases and big data.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Background in developing scalable code for high-volume systems.
- Experience with BigQuery is a plus.
- Experience with fault-tolerant, mission-critical systems is a big plus.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
While not mandatory, previous SEM and front-end development experience would be beneficial.
What youll get
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Annual bonus program
- Stock grant
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 401k Matching Program
- Excellent health & dental options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Wellness & Fitness Benefit
- Annual personal travel reimbursement
- Life & Accident Insurance coverage
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- + much more!