Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for a senior full-stack generalist who can handle development across our whole system. Our team tackles a wide range of challenges on the daily, so if you are excited by being close to users, being an integral part of the design process, and system-level thinking/responsibility, this role is for you.
At Soofa, we enable city dwellers to co-create a thriving community. Join the fam!
- We have four Ember frontends in production! You will lean heavily on this framework to deliver performant, complex software direct to end users, both in the consumer space and government
- We have an architecture built on containerized JS microservices; you will use this to provide API-level support to all of our front-ends, as well as an end user-facing API
Big Data, Data Science, & Analytics
- Support a sensor system we designed that is installed out in the world
- Own real infrastructure, providing services and information to cities that make them run more efficiently and serve their citizens better
- All of this happens on top of our analytics infrastructure that processes millions of datapoints per day—you will play with massive datasets
- You've worked on a JS SPA application (Ember, Angular, or React)
- You've contributed in an impactful way to an open-source project
- You understand how to test all of this
You have built out a production-level API before
- You are well-versed in API best practices and web standards
- You are passionate about a well-designed API with good documentation; it feels good
- You are a natural leader/coach who steps up every time
- You are an empathetic collaborator with a proven ability to understand and synthesize views from multiple stakeholders
- You possess supreme communication skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience in the Internet of Things space
- Experience providing analyses of time-series datasets
- Ability to visualize data using libraries like Google charts, D3, etc.
- Experience leading/growing a startup team
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous healthcare and parental leave packages
- Dog-friendly office (Cambridge office)
- Team lunches every Friday (Cambridge office)
- Healthy company culture focused on, among other things: direct communication, mentorship, and being excellent to each other
More Jobs From