Senior Software Engineer, Remarketing
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
We are seeking a strong technical leader who is able to guide a small Engineering team as they rebuild the current code base and transition to a microservices architecture. This team is responsible for the realization of our new remarketing strategy, which drives nearly 50% of the companys revenue. You will be re-architecting our current remarketing infrastructure using more modern methods, python microservices and containerization technology (Docker,Kubernetes) in the Google cloud.
You will be responsible for the codebase and project deliverables, operate as a mentor to junior engineers, and as a strategist, SME and business consultant across multiple functions and teams at EverQuote. You will be a thought leader in the strategy and long term architecture of future platforms and net new features.
The role offers you the opportunity to work on challenging and interesting problems involving large and complex data sets, high-volume traffic, and near-real-time feedback. Our Software Engineers work closely with analytics stakeholders inside the company to understand business problems, to design & propose efficient solutions for those problems, and to effectively translate those ideas into correct, clean, and maintainable code. EverQuote is a place where engineers understand the business needs driving their work, and can see in real time how their changes are impacting the company.
Technologies used: Python on Linux platforms, MySQL, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, DataBricks.
- Build and extend remarketing and analytics systems, to improve consumer engagement and performance
- Collaborate closely with acquisition teams and data scientists to develop and automate remarketing strategies
- Design, architect and implement new features for various Python-based services & platforms
- Improve robustness of business operations and technical platforms via reporting, monitoring, and alerting
- Analyze, debug, and resolve operational issues on our production systems
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code reviews
- Help drive strategic thinking about how to evolve online marketing opportunities available to us
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer in a fast paced, data driven environment
- Solid computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, optimization, threading
- Experience owning technical projects; This engineer will be building exciting new data platforms and tools
- Experience and/or interest in working with and open source language (ideally Python) & SQL on Linux, and with big data platforms
- Able to translate ideas into correct, efficient, and reliable code solutions
- Strong skills at understanding, analyzing, and debugging complex problems and/or systems
- Great teamwork skills; willingness to both learn and mentor
- Entrepreneurial mindset; sense of urgency and accountability
- Deep Interest in online business and learning how to drive engineering solutions to solve business problems
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- A culture of transparency, and data-driven decision-making
- We encourage creative thinking, taking initiative, and individual responsibility
- Lunch catered to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- Competitive salaries, excellent benefits including fully paid medical/dental, commuter benefit, equity and a relaxed & flexible work environment
- We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more.