Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
About The Role
Fairmarkit is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Boston engineering team and to build our integrations platform which is responsible for reliably syncing data representing billions of dollars of B2B transactions every day. For this particular role we are looking for experienced Python engineers with a demonstrable passion for evangelizing writing high quality, testable Python code.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience with Python, have a passion for APIs and for automating complex data processing tasks. Our tech stack is Python/Django and PostgreSQL running on Amazon Web Services, but we write code in a variety of languages and utilize data stores and message buses including Redis and RabbitMQ.
Fairmarkit runs a pure DevOps culture in which engineers own their own systems and roadmap commitments. As such, we expect candidates to write high quality, testable code and to be passionate about the opportunity to gain hands-on experience running large-scale distributed systems in AWS in a resilient fashion.
In your first 30 days you will...
- Commit code in your first days and see it deployed it to production that same week
- Pair with another Fairmarkit engineer to write code that improves the efficiency, repeatability or capabilities of our integrations code base
- Learn the basics of ERP systems and procurement by attending company training eventsJoin a scrum team and work with the team to deliver customer value as well as improve how the team operates internally
In you first 90 days you will...
- Build from scratch or dramatically extend the capabilities of multiple integrations to 3rd party ERP systems
- Join a customer or vendor call to help Fairmarkit employees understand how data from an external system may map to Fairmarkit systems
- Help Fairmarkit grow its technical teams by evangelizing Fairmarkit at relevant events and interviewing candidates for their technical skills and cultural fit
- Write a blog post for Fairmarkits technical blog about an interesting technical problem you have conquered
- Make your mark on Fairmarkits engineering team by recommending and implementing changes to the coding processes, agile team processes or coding standards we follow
- Give a Tech Talk to Fairmarkit engineers about how a relevant technology might be used by our teams and personally level up multiple members of the team by demonstrating hands on mentorship and subject matter expertise
In your first year you will...
- Attend a professional conference (virtually or in-person) to improve your technical skills (e.g. Pycon, QCon, etc.)
- Give a demo of a product feature or integration feature at a company eventAcquire advanced proficiency in a new programming language, database system or vendor component which youve had to use to build a new integration or foundational internal system
- Optimize and refactor a major Fairmarkit system to dramatically improve its code quality, extensibility or scalability
- Demonstrate leadership by mentoring more junior engineers and guiding their onboarding and development at Fairmarkit
- 5+ years experience in backend engineering. You have personally delivered high-quality, enterprise-grade code for new backend data processing features on distributed systems.
- Strong database and data modeling skills. You have built systems processing millions of records in both relational and non-relational systems. You are extremely capable with an ORM but also just as happy with SQL.
- Robust experience with REST and SOAP APIs. You are opinionated yet pragmatic about API design--both yours as well as those vendors and partner APIs you consume.
- Passion for open source languages such as Python, Ruby & Go and not just Java and C#. Youve used best of breed datastores such as MySQL, PostgreSQL & Redis and not just Oracle or SQL Server.
- Proven history delivering on complex integrations and building ETL pipelines. You have seen your fair share of integrating with legacy ERP and CRM systems and creating ETL jobs to get data into your systems or data warehouses.
- A desire to build and operate your own data processing systems and craft elegant code that can be repurposed for numerous customers without duplicating code.
- Strong Linux CLI skills. If you dont consider yourself a DevOps or Systems Engineer than you at the very least are comfortable configuring LAMP systems, Dockerizing workloads and working with your team with git.
Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $30M Series B co-led by GGV Capital and Insight Partners, we are looking for exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.