Cogito is advancing the way people communicate by applying machine learning to enhance conversations in real time. This is your chance to be a part of industry leading team that is making a real difference using the latest cloud technologies. Cogito performs in-call voice analysis and delivers real time guidance to agents and unprecedented insights to managers to an impressive portfolio of Fortune 500 clients.
As a Platform Team Senior Engineer you will leverage AWS and cloud computing, Java, Python and other tools to enhance Cogitos technology for the common data store, platform tools, authorization services, and the user management system. We are seeking a senior software engineer who loves learning, is experienced and fluent in backend programming in Java or Python, is excited about cloud computing and is able to drive projects forward and yield results. Your determination, skill and enthusiasm will make an impact on the success of Cogito.
- Write tested, idiomatic, and documented code.
- Develop products using agile methods and tools.
- Utilize AWS technologies to solve business problems.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers.
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues in engineering, operations, product development, and sales to deliver world-class products and services to clients.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or another relevant field.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with Java or Python.
- 2+ Years in a High Performance, High scalability environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and technologies.
- Excellent programming skills in language like Java and/or Python.
- Experience/understanding of AWS and public cloud ecosystems.
- Experience/exposure to SQL/NoSQL.
- Experience building scalable, high performance services.
- Good grasp of security and data protection principles.
- Experience with authentication and authorization system is a big plus.
- Experience with Test automation framework & tools (e.g. JUnit, Mockito/JMock etc).
- Proficient in a source controll (e.g., Git, Subversion or CVS).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Monthly catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
20 days vacation time and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriots Day is a holiday)
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work:
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.
More Jobs From