Office Tour Photos
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to make critical improvements to the Population Health app/data layer. You will collaborate closely with a team of full stack software developers and an Architect to deliver highly valued solutions to our clients.
Join a growing and mission critical team to define a new generation of development processes, tools, and infrastructure to accelerate development efficiency and product scalability for the Population Health Management platform. This is an opportunity to work on the front and back-end -- but with client-facing impact
- Contribute to accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with RPR policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing
- Estimate the size of development tasks in story points.
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices
Contributions to the Team
- Learn the domain knowledge for area of assignment
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Strong software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Advanced Knowledge in .Net Full Stack (C#,Perl,.Net, ASP.Net,WCF,MVC,Azure cloud technologies, Microservices, Webservices and SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS
- Knowledge of Big Data, SQL server(SQL, NOSQL) , Redis, Datalake, Kubernetes, Docker and various other technologies, Azure cloud technologies (Tablestorage/Blob Storage/Service bus), AWS and data modelling for modern analytics visualization tools, such as App Dynamics, Tableau and PowerBI
- Experience with object oriented programming, relational database technologies, distributed computing tech (Hadoop, spark), ReactJS, AngularJS, RESTful API, WebUI (HTML 5) and CSS 3, XML
- Basic knowledge and enterprise experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016/17/19, including SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL, OLAP Cubes and advanced performance tuning techniques, database DevOps(Jenkins, Azure App Insights), including build/package/deployment of SQL databases, Stored Procedures, and SSIS Packages
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few
More Jobs From