Senior Software Engineer, Platform & API
Localytics is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform and APIs team.
We want you to help us build scalable backend services and tools to power our mobileengagement platform. Our team is focused on providing accurate, timely, and powerful dataservices to our in-house teams and customers. We value good software design, collaborativedevelopment, and protecting user privacy.
Our data platform is built in Scala, Python, Go, and Ruby using SQS, SNS, Docker/ECS, DynamoDB, RDS MySQL, and the Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse. Our high performancesystems process 3-4 billion data points each day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Engineer on our team you will:
- Create reusable APIs and services that power our analytics products (API design, micro-services)
- Optimize the performance and scalability of our data APIs across a variety of technologies(Snowflake, DynamoDB, etc)
- Automate and handle the lifecycle of large data sets (millions of users, billions of events,petabytes of data)
- Assume varied project responsibilities from whiteboard design through to production(design, technology assessment, technical leadership, pair programming, peer mentoring)
- Improve data quality and service reliability (active monitoring and fault detection)
- Deploy services using our Continuous Deployment systems and evolve our servicesarchitecture (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Create new tools or improve engineering practices across teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training,fellowship, or work experience.
- 5+ years working with data technologies or scalable / high reliability systems
- 2+ years building and deploying high-quality production services
- 1+ year working with a cloud provider such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Understanding of polyglot data persistence (relational, key/value, document, column, graph)
- Skilled at crafting and building robust backend data services (distributed systems,concurrency models, micro-services)
- Strong dedication to code quality, automation, and operational excellence
- Proven ability to apply engineering fundamentals. Comfortable balancing engineering costsand value.
- Expertise in object-oriented and distributed application design. Prior Scala experience is not required though familiarity with functional programming is helpful.
- Excellent written, verbal, and social skills.
Localytics helps the worlds leading brands understand how users engage with their apps andhow to improve loyalty through personalized and more meaningful app experiences. We are aGartners 2018 Magic Quadrant Leader for the Mobile Marketing Platforms, and our customersinclude Bose, Redbox, Live Nation, ZipCar, The Weather Channel, ESPN, Bloomberg, Eurostar,and GoPro. We currently have offices in Berlin and Boston, and customers all around theglobe.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes for a stronger, more supportive, andinnovative company culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people withdifferent experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
What are you waiting for?