Casa Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CASA) is a leading provider of next-generation ultra-broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that delivers voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer (Platform – 5G Core) to join our growing Engineering team based at our headquarters in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
As a member of our elite development team, the Senior Software Engineer will impact the organization by focusing on 5G Core microservices platform development, providing and maintaining a robust integrated platform utilized by all product teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, integrate, debug and maintain software code for platform services and common frameworks for microservices deployments of all 5G Core components.
- Design and document platform architecture components.
- Influence the overall design of the Platform including which frameworks to integrate and support.
- Support all product teams with platform integration and best practices.
- Monitor work against the product delivery schedule closely and provides progress updates and reports any issues or technical difficulties to manager on a regular basis.
- Responsible for work quality; ensures work meets the technical standards for product portfolio.
- Write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation to support work designed and developed.
- Undergraduate degree computer science, electrical engineering or related technical discipline.
- 7+ to 10 years of related software development experience in web services and related platforms.
- 7+ years of experience programming in C/C++, Java or Golang.
- 3+ years of experience with containerized application development and deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud native principles and CNCF open source projects including Prometheus, Jaeger, Envoy and Istio.
- Experience programming in Golang and Python is a big plus.
- Strong understanding of microservices design patterns and cross-cutting concerns.
- Knowledge and experience with 4G/LTE and/or 5G a plus.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a team oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Professional demeanor.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
More Jobs From