Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 17,000 members-dispersed across our customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it's our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too. which isn't hard to do when you have your favorite four-legged friends by your side!
Pet Profile is one of the most critical parts of customer experience at Chewy. We are a pet parents online buddy for their journey through pet life stages. Our team is responsible for creating delightful, personalized experiences that empower pet parents to make smarter decisions for their pets and the product they buy. We have an opening for a Senior Backend Engineer. The ideal candidate will build new features and lead our backend development efforts. The role will have high visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What Youll Do
- Design and build reusable, secure and performant micro services on a scalable AWS platform
- Drive and advise on technical decisions and collaborate with peers across the organization
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Work on an agile, collaborative and cross-functional team
What Youll Need
- 6+ years of industry experience in object-oriented language like Java and related ecosystems like Spring Boot
- Demonstrated experience designing, building and deploying scalable, resilient web applications using microservices and related technologies
- Working knowledge of Java, Kotlin and related open-source frameworks
- Experience with spring Boot, Docker containers, CI/CD, and deploying RESTful services
- Experience with AWS Services
- Experience with evaluating, measuring, and tuning application performance
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience