Wistia is looking for a Lead Front End Engineer to lead our Storefront team.
This role is a great opportunity to work closely with product managers, designers, and marketers to create a beautiful, informative, compelling, responsive, and accessible storefront experience to drive interest in the product, generate leads, embody Wistias core values and build lasting affinity for the Wistia brand. On this team you'll be working with modern frameworks and building reusable components, but it's a true partnership across the business to support the brand and acquire and educate new customers.
Our storefront website is a Next.js app with all the React-goodness you'd expect. We do drop down into Node for some more complex features like search and our Contentful (CMS) syncing. And, like any project there are some ongoing platform needs such as regular library maintenance and supporting typical third-party integrations important for SEO and website analytics. These parts of the stack include things like Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, BugSnag, DataDog, and Optimizely.
Were a diverse and inclusive team composed of engineers, product managers and designers. Were technology-minded, but customer focused, always aiming to deliver the highest-impact features that prioritize the long-term success of the product.
You will fit in great on this team if you:
- Love building beautiful websites.
- Have an appreciation for the craft of frontend web development.
- Are interested in leading a team in the short-medium term.
- Have a user-centric mindset for progressive enhancement, performance, and accessibility
- Enjoy working with design systems and highly value design-developer collaboration
- Value pragmatism more than perfection.
- Value a team that tries to leave things better than you found them.
Were looking for someone who:
- Has seen the good, the bad, the ugly, and the just plain quirky of the internet.
- Has experience working on cross-functional product teams.
- Enjoys working with others to solve not just technical, but people, design, and product challenges.
- Has a history of positive cross-functional working relationships with marketers
- Likes to help other engineers grow.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company were building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park