Motional's Machine Learning team behind ground breaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150) is looking for lead software engineers to sit at the intersection of Prediction in Motion Planning & Machine Learning.
What you'll do:
- Develop clean software for the motion planning, prediction, and machine learning modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such as perception, localization, and controls.
- Analyze and compare prediction algorithms.
- Work closely with the Machine Learning teams to integrate deep learning algorithms into the motion planning stack.
- Collaborate with motion planning researchers on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 3-8+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11 or later) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Python for prediction / machine learning software development.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience working on software systems with machine learning components.
- Experience working on robotics systems with motion planning researchers.
- Experience in safety-critical applications and hard real-time constraints.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Rewards & Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From