The motion controls team is responsible for building out the trajectory optimization planning and model predictive control of the autonomy stack. Our Senior Software Engineer contributes to software architecture and design, implementation strategy, and leads code reviews. Partnering with motion control research scientists to bring algorithms from concept to prototype and deployment in the real world at scale. Work in a complex and growing system where new features are being added and evaluated rapidly.
What You'll Do:
- Use your top-notch software development expertise to teach others better software practices and principles.
- Lead code reviews, contribute to software architecture, design, and implementation strategy.
- Develop clean software for motion controls module focused on trajectory, optimization planning, and model predictive control sitting at the core of autonomous driving systems and interfacing with other key modules such as motion planning, prediction, and drive-by-wire.
- Collaborate with motion controls researchers on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different controls approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Robotics, or relevant field.
- 5-8 + years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience working on robotics systems within Motion Planning, Motion Controls, Trajectory Optimization, or Model Predictive Control.
- Experience in safety-critical applications and hard real-time constraints.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
Rewards & Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From