Senior Software Engineer (Mobile)
Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,100 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about mobile and emerging technology.
We are looking for a talented Mobile Senior Software Engineer building hybrid mobile apps (preferably using React Native). We are building the next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to address these needs. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
You will be responsible for designing and developing mobile apps (iOS & Android) for this being part of the team that is building our next generation platform. You will play a critical role in the evolution of our overall mobile strategy for our customers across the globe while working closely with our Product team to help drive the design of new features. Ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment with your short project timelines from conception to deployment.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Working with Product and UX to understand customer requirements, and collaborating on the design of new features
- Building and supporting mobile iOS and Android apps for our next generation platform
- Taking an active role in determining the architecture, technology and tools for our mobile platform
- Collaborating with other team members in an agile environment
- Driving development best practices, including unit testing, coding standards, and code reviews
What Youll Need:
- 3+ years of iOS (Objective-C or Swift) and/or Android (Java) mobile app development
- Experience designing and delivering best in class mobile apps
- Experience building/consuming REST APIs
- Experience building mobile applications deployed to multiple device types, such as phones, tablets, and/or watches
- Experience developing cross-platform applications
- Experience with Bitbucket, Git, or other version control systems
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with delivering video content via mobile apps.
- Familiarity with Jira is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science Preferred
Why Youll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people.We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development.We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here and we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you.We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams.Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.