Senior Software Engineer- Metadata
When was the last time you bought a piece of furniture without looking at it first?
The Product Media software development team builds platforms and writes software to both produce and manage our media content. We design and maintain state of the art 3D asset model production to provide a rich experience via Augmented Reality for our customers, as well as create beautiful environmental images of our products.
As the web continues to become a battleground for the home market, we need to stay ahead of the game with providing our customer an experience that rivals stepping into a physical store.
If youre interested in helping our customers visually see how our products can make their home beautiful, wed love to talk to you. Were looking for smart, self-driven, outgoing Engineers to join our growing team to help us manage our ever growing library of assets across thousands of products and categories. We work at scale and think about our customers first. We love to move fast and deliver high quality solutions to challenging business problems.
What youll do:
- Learn and teach alongside engineers and write the code that powers Wayfair's product media
- Design and maintain a rich metadata schema for all media content which powers machine learning and intelligent decisions on site to provide our customer their perfect browsing experience
- Contribute to coding and quality standards.
- Design scalable, resilient architecture to meet Wayfairs growing business needs
- Build intuitive web tools in PHP and React.js
- Write robust, well-tested backend code with PHP, C#, or Python
- Work with Product and business stakeholders to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
Who You Are:
- Collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 4+ years of equivalent industry experience
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Confidence interfacing with business stakeholders to gather requirements and translate requirements into software architecture
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment