Office Tour Photos
At Wayfair, the Development Platforms group is reducing the friction across the Engineering organization by building various tools, scaling infrastructure and environments, and optimizing platforms to improve the engineering process. We believe that by providing platforms for engineering teams that enable them to easily develop code, iterate on products, and shorten feedback loops, that the whole organization can move faster and deliver higher-quality products backed by well-written code. If youre excited about solving complex problems and enabling software engineers to work at extremely high levels of scale, then we want to hear from you!
This Software Engineering Manager role will lead a team of engineers at our Boston, MA headquarters within our Developer Platforms team. This position will collaborate with product, support, infrastructure, as well as other engineering teams to deliver best in class software development solutions. You will be responsible for leading a staff of software engineers that accelerate the development lifecycle and help build innovative tools used across our entire software engineering org of 4,000+ engineers.
The ideal candidate is someone who is technically strong, engaging, highly collaborative and passionate about software engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a multidisciplinary team of engineers focused on building internal and open source tools to improve developer velocity, DB migrations, data validation, and create portable, customized environments for testing and local development
- Provide career and professional development for your staff
- Assist in the architecture and writing of robust, well-tested code for major team initiatives
- Help drive design, development, and implementation of new tooling, frameworks, and infrastructure that reduce the friction for automated testing at Wayfair, with a specific focus on the intersection of test automation and data stores
- Conduct test strategy discussions with teams and help implement solutions
- Educate, mentor, and help provide an exceptional development experience here at Wayfair
- Guide team strategy discussions, roadmap definition, and sprint planning
- Participate in design and architecture discussions
- Peer review code for quality and testability
- Create educational content, including sample code, workshops, video tutorials, and documentation
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years managing high achieving software engineering teams
- Working knowledge of software development best practices
- SOLID, GRASP, YAGNI, TDD, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL databases, specifically SQL Server
- NoSQL / Graph database experience a plus
- Development experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or working on DevOps teams
- Knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks and experience in Test Authoring
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From