Bullhorn is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team.
Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorns cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and were consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
This role is open to remote candidates in the United States, with a preference for candidates in EST and CST.
As a Developer at Bullhorn (internally called Software Engineer), you will bring your 5+ years experience to write custom cloud applications on top of the one of the Bullhorn platforms, and integrations using Bullhorn and 3rd party web APIs. Applicants should be comfortable implementing and leveraging web APIs in .Net and other languages as required.
Why this job is important:
Bullhorn has an extensive collection of products that need to interact seamlessly for our Bullhorn One initiative to be a success. We are investing in our Bullhorn Time & Expense (BTE) solution, a critical element of Bullhorn One, and scaling a dedicated team of talented engineers to contribute to the development of BTE components.
As a Software Engineer, a typical day might include:
- Daily stand ups
- Collaborating with other team members to solve problems and grow
- Writing enterprise scale applications
- Building services that support millions of requests per day
- Working within a positive, energizing, collaborative team environment
- Working with team to solve complex problems and developing APIs and specs for innovative software
This job might be for you if:
- 5+ years with Java, Angular and other technologies
- Web Service experience with Java
- SQL Server 2016+, including general queries and Database Design Concepts
- HTML 4/5 and CSS 2/3.
- Excellent debugging skills
- Great organizational and multitasking skills
- Experience in Agile/Scrum
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar degree, or relevant work experience
- Experience with Lucene, RESTful Web Services, Jenkins, Gradle, Git, database programming
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.