Office Tour Photos
Senior Software Engineer, Internal API Platforms
The Internal API Platforms teams mission is to help our internal development groups identify the need for, implement and socialize software interfaces within Wayfairs diverse technology stacks. The goal of the teams efforts is to accelerate development and improve overall product quality by enabling related groups to work independently with the confidence that a provided interface will (a) work, and (b) continue to work. The teams approach is not one size fits all. The interfaces the team helps design could be a client library, a Kafka event or data stream, a GraphQL endpoint, or a RESTful web service, among others. The priority is identifying and driving towards a solution that is appropriate to the immediate problem being solved as well as how that interface may be used in the longer-term.
What You'll Do
- Influence product development groups and scrum teams towards the design, implementation, and use of appropriate software interfaces through fact-based reasoning.
- Implement foundational, reusable interface solutions that are designed with an operational mindset.
- Work with other teams to analyze existing software implementations to identify areas where inserting an interface layer would improve performance and scalability.
Who You Are
- Senior or Staff-level software engineer proficient in consensus building and influencing without given authority.
- High level problem solver with extensive skills to support day to day issues and larger project level goals.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with the experience to know when to lean on the resources available at a large organization.
- Builds trust with others by making solid commitments and consistently delivering on them.
- 3+ years server-side programming experience with PHP, Python, Java
- Experience defining, implementing, and documenting software interfaces in the form of Web Services, client libraries, or messaging services
- GraphQL experience
- Experience with .NET Core.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other containerization experience
- Experience with OpenAPI or Swagger
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From