Senior Software Engineer - InsightIDR
The Senior Software Engineer is a team member who will help extend the capabilities of the Rapid7s Cloud based Security applications. You will work with your team to determine optimal approaches to challenging problems and implementing robust solutions.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and eager technologist with a desire to keep learning and a minimum of 4 years building software for large projects and 2 years of experience coding in Java in a fast paced, agile environment.
- You will work with technologies like NoSQL databases and AWS to extend Rapid7s investment in a cloud based security
- You will be responsible for designing and building data pipelines, APIs for ETL and analytics on our big datasets in the cloud
- You will be adding modern design paradigms to the codebase, like microservices, circuit breakers, resilient systems, and code coverage with unit and component testing
- The tools and services to be developed will cover a wide range of applications data visualization, large scale analytics, fast in-memory aggregation, workflow coordination, bulk data pipelines, and microservice APIs
- You will help mentor more junior engineers via design discussions and code reviews.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 4-7 years of software development
- Advanced experience in OO programming with Java
- Eagerness to learn big data/high throughput concepts, issues, techniques
- Familiarity with traditional RDBMS systems
- Knowledge or interest in computer security issues a plus
- Previous experience with API design a plus
- Previous experience operating cloud-based systems at scale a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Knowledge or interest in AWS a plus