Office Tour Photos
Engineers on the Frontend Design Systems team build, maintain, and scale the design systems and React-based component libraries that power the UI for Wayfairs e-commerce sites, as well as our suite of Operational and Supplier-facing applications. We think globally and work on shared, reusable code that reaches throughout the entire codebase and drives consistency for our users, designers, and engineers. We also work closely with cross functional teams on everything from developing coding standards and best practices to design consistency and UX.
What You'll Do
- Carefully design the APIs for these components - considering key details like balancing flexibility with design consistency; developer experience; and consistency across the framework
- Work closely with product designers and colleagues from across the organization to introduce new patterns/components into the framework and iterate on existing ones
- Help maintain and iterate on our internal site for displaying and documenting the design system
- Write documentation! Documentation is critical for the usability and success of a design system
- Contribute to and help drive decisions, initiatives, and coding patterns throughout the larger Frontend team at Wayfair
- Write code that is seen by millions of customers each day and helps teams rapidly develop new features and has extremely high visibility (our components are used over 17,000times throughout the codebase!)
What You'll Need
- Familiar with working in a component-based architecture
- Experienced in coding for all devices, including knowledge and understanding of responsive/adaptive design patterns
- Passionate about UI, UX, and Design Systems and working with designers to create engaging and intuitive experiences across devices
- Familiar with common design tools like Sketch
- Excited about working in an environment where your contributions are wide-reaching and highly visible
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 3+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 1+ years of equivalent industry experience
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From