Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, and day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether thats in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,500 of them in 70 countries.
Brightcoves Applications engineering team is built on small, collaborative, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution. We strive to build engaging products with a rich user experience to meet the needs of and delight our customers. We look for people who have a strong interest in working on products for which UI, and overall UX, is a big component and focus. If you are bright, enthusiastic about development, creative, passionate, curious and eager to contribute we want to hear from you!
- Develop and deploy web-based user interfaces
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation
- Experience working with React or Vue
- Demonstrable experience developing and deploying scalable web-based applications
- Familiarity with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, user experience designers, and product/program managers
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for web applications and services is a plus
- Experience with scalable backend services a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If youve gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please dont hesitate to apply, even if you dont meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
More Jobs From