Bevi is an environmental company that aims to entirely eliminate disposable bottles and cans through smart beverage machines that purify water and create healthy beverages on demand. Our first product is an IoT office water cooler that serves customizable sparkling and flavored water. Were growing over 100% year over year and have raised over $60M in venture capital.
We are a small and fun engineering team in a fast-growing hardware startup. As a Senior Software Engineer- Front End, your guidance and input drive architecture and functionality decisions. Whether you prefer providing mentorship to junior engineers or acting as a technical sounding board for all, this role invites seasoned engineers to exercise their deep expertise. A hunger for keeping up with new software technologies - thats just who you are. If you love thinking through new ideas and interactions, how to execute them in an innovative way, and have a deep respect for user experience, come join our team!
What you will do:
- Play a mission-critical role in defining, designing, implementing and shipping new features.
- Innovate on and create solutions that add value and amaze the end user
- Contribute to code quality by writing Unit, UI, and Integration tests
- Provide mentorship and instruct on code styles and best practices via code reviews and peer learning
- Keep our codebase reliable and maintainable
- Be a founding member as our team grows over the next year
How you will grow:
- Work at the heart of a start-up in high-growth mode
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and effectiveness
- Create software that supports our physical product and take on responsibility for shaping that product
- Work with a very broad set of technologies, from embedded programming to mobile Android apps, from UI to backend and database, and use the latest open tools and processes
- Engage with a talented engineering team drawn from diverse sectors, mentor and coach junior team members, and learn from best-in-class leadership
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change
We think you will bring:
- Prior work in an Agile environment (Scrum preferred)
- Knowledge of web services, specifically REST APIs
- Hands-on experience building Web Apps from initial concept to production ready
- Work with Web Apps that integrate with custom native APIs is preferred
- Experience building and shipping complex applications
- Strong analytical and technical skills and high level of detail-orientation
- Experience with our stack: React.js, Redux, Android, Java, and Docker
- Genuine desire and commitment to always learn, improve, and produce the best work possible
- An agile mindset to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A BS in CS or similar discipline - or the equivalent in independent experience
- NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer in order to be eligible for this role
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards and more!
More Jobs From