We are looking for a Software Developer to join the FHIR Enablement Team within our Platform Services Engineering division. Your job will be to deliver customer value in the form of high quality software components as part of a high-functioning team. Specifically were enabling a new API strategy via FHIR that has far reaching impact for athenahealth internal teams and external clients.
You are a software engineer with experience building web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space. You are a unique individual that brings your perspective and experience to add to our own.
The Team: The Platform Services division within athenahealth is primarily responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining all the core foundational components (messaging, database, file storage, faxing etc) that are required by all other development teams within athena to successfully build their products. As a key member of the FHIR Enablement team within Platform Services, you will work on athenahealths developer API infrastructure to create a framework that makes it easy for other athena teams to generate, document, test, and deploy new APIs used by our application partners. This highly impactful work enables faster innovation by applications that use athenahealth data to enhance healthcare.
- Design and develop code on an agile team of Engineers that typically includes a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate with team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge and domain expertise. Take ownership of what you and the team builds and coordinate your efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- 2+ years of software engineering experience with exact title for this role depending on demonstrated skills
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language and relational databases
- We work in Agile environment, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Knowledge of FHIR, Kong, Lua, NGINX, Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, Perl (especially Moose/Plack), and various other technologies is helpful
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If youre curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, youve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.