Office Tour Photos
At Wayfair, the Development Platforms group is reducing the friction across the Engineering organization by building various tools, scaling infrastructure and environments, and optimizing platforms to improve the engineering process. We believe that by providing platforms for engineering teams that enable them to easily develop code, iterate on products, and shorten feedback loops, that the whole organization can move faster and deliver higher-quality products backed by well-written code. If youre excited about solving complex problems and enabling software engineers to work at extremely high levels of scale, then we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate is someone who is technically strong, engaging, highly collaborative and passionate about software engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build new tooling, frameworks, and infrastructure that reduce the friction for automated testing at Wayfair
- Architect and write robust, well tested code for major team initiatives
- Implement and Improve CI (Continuous Integration) tooling platform used across entire organization
- Develop, Stand up, and configure on demand, cloud based Dev/Test Environments
- Conduct Test Strategy and Development Best Practice Discussions with teams and help implement solutions
- Participate in team strategy, roadmap definition, and sprint planning
- Participate in design and architecture discussions
- Educate, Mentor, and help provide a delightful development experience for all of Wayfairs engineers
- Peer Review Code for quality and testability
- Create educational content, including sample code, workshops, video tutorials, and documentation
- Comfortable using and instructing use of multiple tools and services team provides
What You'll Need:
- Software Development Best Practices
- Development experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks and experience in Test Authoring
- Proven experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or working on DevOps teams
- Familiarity with building and operating Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From