Office Tour Photos
The Algorithms team at Wayfair creates decision frameworks, data artifacts and tools to effectively guide business strategies and decision-making across Wayfair. These algorithms leverage best-in-class approaches across machine learning, economics and statistics to drive high business impact. We are hiring a senior software engineer in Demand Forecasting whose mission is to drive efficient trade-offs between product availability, delivery speed and operating cost to make effective supply chain decisions across Wayfair and its suppliers.
This role includes:
- Leading technical projects including project planning and team building.
- Writing robust, well tested code for major team initiatives.
- Leading development of new services using technologies such as Python, Spark, Hadoop, deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch, messaging systems like Kafka, and in-memory cache/search technologies like Aerospike and Solr.
- Containerized development using Docker, deployed to Kubernetes within a hybrid of both on-prem (WF's datacenters) and cloud (GCP/Google Cloud Platform).
- Owning work through to successful release, including automated testing, monitoring, deployment, and proactive troubleshooting.
- Working on a team with cross-functional/cross-platform scope, including data scientists, product managers, product associates, and analytics.
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Systems design and optimization.
More Jobs From