Office Tour Photos
Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace. We're not just a car shopping site, we aspire to connect buyers and sellers and ultimately to create trusted connections in buying, selling and the many other ancillary decisions involved in owning a car by providing data transparency and leveraging technology to make complex insights easily accessible.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Our B2B engineering team, Dealer Solutions, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Cambridge, MA. On the Dealer Solutions team youll enhance or create new product offerings for car dealers to help their vehicles reach interested shoppers. Potential project opportunities: create algorithms to identify fraudulent listings to help protect consumers and dealers, create interfaces on top of third party tools, create micro-services to improve application scalability and flexibility, and gain hands on experience with the digital marketing ad-tech domain. CarGurus is a tech company, you dont need to know about cars to work here.
What Youll Do:
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team with data analysts, product managers, and of course other engineers to solve interesting problems with a global impact
- Participate in whiteboard sessions and design conversations on engineering the best solution to the challenges at hand.
- Write clean, well-tested, and efficient code.
- Be deeply engaged in the full software development lifecycle - conceptualizing, designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving.
- Make data driven decisions
Who You Are:
- 5+ year of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications preferred
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Goal-oriented engineer with a product focus
- Able to collaborate well with teammates
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and data-driven. We have a great respect for testing and learning, and a healthy aversion to meaningless meetings. Were committed to diversity and inclusion because we want all employees to have a sense of belonging. To power you through the day, our kitchens are stocked with snacks and drinks. Lunch is catered daily. All employees are shareholders. We believe that giving back is important, so we have established an Open Source Fund and Charitable Giving program which make quarterly donations to employee recommended organizations. We recognize that everyone has a life outside of the office which is why we have flexible schedules and unlimited personal time.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Germany, Italy, and Spain with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
More Jobs From