Office Tour Photos
TriNetX is a healthcare startup located in Cambridge, MA. We are creating a global health research network that enables healthcare organizations, biopharma, and contract research organizations to collaborate, enhance trial design, accelerate recruitment, optimize clinical research, and enable discoveries through the creation of real-world evidence. TriNetX combines real-time access to longitudinal clinical data with state-of-the-art analytics to answer complex research questions.
Our customer base and network is growing rapidly and we are expanding our Engineering team. We are looking for extremely talented, energetic, and motivated engineers to join us on our journey. We are a small group and you will have a big impact on the success of our product and company.
As a key member of our team, you will use your technical skills, prowess, and ingenuity, to collaborate with data science and data acquisition groups on enhancing data quality and flow. You will be focused on optimizing and expanding our data and data pipeline architecture. You will be responsible for overall design and code quality. You will ensure your solutions are secure, scalable, testable, and maintainable and are aligned with other areas of the system. You will also be responsible for planning out development work using agile techniques, and tracking progress.
We are seeking candidates that can operate across one or more domains whether it be designing stateless micro services, building out our medical terminology solution, or designing and implementing our real-time, federated analytics platform. You are comfortable wrangling billions of rows and terabytes of data from disparate sources.
If you're interested in working for a company that is disrupting the health research field, is building a great team and fun company culture, please respond with a copy of your most recent resume along with your current contact information.
Our Engineering Environment
- Design and implement significant modules or subsystems
- Ensure that your solutions are secure, manageable, scalable, and testable
- Assist with the establishment of the engineering organizations development practices by contributing to the implementation of agile tools, source control, build, defect tracking, QA environment, etc.
- Collaborate with our team, presenting your concepts and ideas to the rest of the team, and driving the development activities
- Perform code reviews
- Evaluate and recommending the use of tools and technologies
- Communicate status and tracking work activities via Agile development tools and practices
- Help grow our team by participating in the hiring process and mentoring new team members
- Document the architecture and design idioms you have established
What you already bring to the table: (Data Engineer)
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of systems design for both cloud hosted and on premises solutions.
- Deep knowledge of SQL and RDBMS. Experience in NoSQL architectures (Mongo and Redis) is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Java. Experience in one or more additional languages (Go, Scala, Groovy, Python, R, Ruby) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying distributed, REST based systems.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- System security (identity management, access control, auditing, penetration)
- Distributed computing and message queues
- Data analytics, ontologies, and semantic web technologies (RDF, OWL, SKOS, etc.)
- Health informatics and associated platforms (i2b2, FHIR)
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools (Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.)
- AWS cloud services (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis)
- Stream-processing systems (Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.)
- Ability to design solutions for long term maintainability
- Great communication skills keeping management and your peers apprised of risks, issues, and overall status
- Be a self-starter, take initiative, and work independently but not in isolation
- Experience developing and delivering solutions for commercial use. Hosted solutions preferred
- Motivated to work as part of a startup which at times requires chipping in wherever needed
- Healthcare experience is a significant plus
Local Candidates only. No recruiters, please. Any candidates submitted through outside agencies will NOT be considered.
More Jobs From