Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video has the power to inform, inspire, challenge, amuse, and connect. And were here for it.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
The Reporting & Analytics team at Brightcove designs, develops and operates Big Data services and tools to provide reporting and business intelligence for our customers. We do this on a massive scale, capturing billions of events a day from our video players across the globe.
- Design, develop & test our analytics platform
- Provide operational support for analytics services
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation
- Articulate ideas clearly and take initiative
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- 5+ years of experience delivering reliable and maintainable software with Java
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and services
- Experience building scalable applications in Java
- Background in high-scale data processing
- Experience working with Big Data (NoSQL) databases such as Cassandra, HBase or Bigtable
- Experience working with cloud-hosted services, such as AWS or GCP
- Experience working with container-based deployments, such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with and passionate about CI & automation/configuration management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with business partners to understand and refine requirements
- Ability to problem solve and multitask in a fast-paced technology environment
Nice to have
- Experience with Grails
- Knowledge in API architecture, patterns & anti patterns.
- Exposure to asynchronous programming and frameworks.
- Experience working in SaaS environment
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19, but this role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, in Fort Point harbor. The office has an open working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!