Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is a pioneering force in the world of online video. Our industry-leading platform empowers our customers to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate via video around the globe. We use cutting-edge technologies like containerization, cloud deployments, and modern datastores; our teams are small, self-directed, and motivated by a desire to learn and grow.
The Reporting & Analytics team at Brightcove designs, develops and operates Big Data services and tools to provide reporting and business intelligence for our customers. We do this on a massive scale, capturing billions of events a day from our video players across the globe.
- Design & develop our analytics infrastructure
- Provide operational support for analytics services
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation
- Articulate ideas clearly and take initiative
- 5+ years experience with Java
- Experience building scalable applications in Java
- Background in high-scale data processing
- Experience working with Big Data (NoSQL) databases such as Cassandra, HBase or Bigtable
- Experience working with cloud-hosted services, such as AWS or GCP
- Experience working with container-based deployments, such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with and passionate about CI & automation/configuration management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with business partners to understand and refine requirements
- Ability to problem solve and multitask in a fast-paced technology environment
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success.
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
More Jobs From