Senior Software Engineer, Data
Brightcove is a pioneering force in the world of online video. Our industry-leading platform empowers our customers to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate via video around the globe. We use cutting-edge technologies like containerization, cloud deployments, and modern datastores; our teams are small, self-directed, and motivated by a desire to learn and grow.
The Reporting & Analytics team at Brightcove designs, develops and operates Big Data services and tools to provide reporting and business intelligence for our customers. We do this on a massive scale, capturing billions of events a day from our video players across the globe.
- Design & develop our analytics infrastructure
Provide operational support for analytics services
Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows
Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation
- Articulate ideas clearly and take initiative
- 5+ years experience with Java
- Experience building scalable applications in Java
- Background in high-scale data processing
- Experience working with Big Data (NoSQL) databases such as Cassandra, HBase or Bigtable
- Experience working with cloud-hosted services, such as AWS or GCP
- Experience working with container-based deployments, such as Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with and passionate about CI & automation/configuration management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with business partners to understand and refine requirements
- Ability to problem solve and multitask in a fast-paced technology environment
Working at Brightcove
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor.
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!