At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Customer Reliability Engineering team within GRM Customer Operations Tech is looking for a Senior Software Developer whose focus will be on timely and successful delivery of features/enablers for critical enterprise stability initiatives within GRM US.
In this role you will:
- Participate in critical enterprise stability initiatives across multiple business portfolios.
- Participate in multiple development projects including both design and coding from front end (React/NodeJS/Angular) to back end (service/Python/Java and Database/RDBMS).
- Interact and collaborate with various teams including business partners, operations, engineers and architects.
- Gather, analyze and document highly complex multiple systems or applications details including logical, physical architecture, business workflows and personas creation.
- Define improvements and recommendations to increase systems availability, reliability, resiliency and performance including enhanced production monitoring and additional capabilities.
- Integrate solutions with applications and platforms based on the stability improvement recommendations.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of metrics across systems including SLAs, SLOs and SLIs.
- Recommend and implement software or hardware changes to rectify Production problems or address improvement opportunities.
- Assist in developing documentation for engineering practices and new infrastructure improvements and solutions.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you are:
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing error-free source code, test scripts, components and system architectures, youll document and build deployment guides aimed at maintaining robust, relevant software.
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients needs first, youll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software.
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Forward thinker: Merely fixing a problem isnt enough using your proactive mindset and initiative, youll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality and efficiency.
What youve got:
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and consensus-building capabilities.
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances.
- Knowledge of and ability to personally demonstrate and utilize many of the techniques, processes and tools that drive inclusion and engagement of all employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers).
- Knowledge CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices.
- Strong enterprise-level software development experience in an object-oriented language, preferably Java/J2EE.
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS, Spring, DNA, DocumentDB, Kafka, Lambda, S3, RESTful services, Event-driven architectures, OAuth2, Docker, Apigee, Kubernetes.